Body Sugaring - Tips
Tips Body Sugaring
Try out our Body Sugaring Tips and forget waxing for hair removal. How to reduce the pain and discomfort when using the Body Sugaring Tecnique.
- Test a small area of skin to make sure there is no acute sensitivity or allergic reaction to the process before staring with Body Sugaring.
- Rubbing the area with an ice cube after Body Sugaring can greatly reduce redness, swelling and soreness.
- Most people find that sugaring works best on hair that grows on the upper lip and the bikini line.
- Body Sugaring is a messy process, so do it in the bathroom or other area where clean-up will not be a problem.
- Make sure that the area to be Body Sugared is clean and dry. There should be no residue from soap or body lotions.
- Apply a dusting of cornstarch to the area to be treated with Body Sugaring. This removes excess oils from your skin.
- Test the temperature of the body sugaring mixture on the palm of your hand, knowing that is much tougher than the sensitive skin under your arms.
- Body sugaring works best at just a tiny bit over room temperature,
- Don't pour the paste in a sink or drain.
- You can store the sugaring mix in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- After 5 minutes of boiling, the color of the body sugaring mixture will turn yellow to a light amber. Now turn off the heat. The color is a good indicator of when you need to stop boiling.
- Getting the consistency right is important with body sugaring. If the mixture sticks to your skin or if the mixture is too hard to spread you have got it wrong.
- Body sugaring will not always remove all hair in one go, especially if the hair is very short. If the hair is 1/2" long or longer most of the hair will get removed with body sugaring.
- To get excess paste off skin, wet a towel with warm water. Sugar is water soluble, so the paste comes off skin quick and easy!
- To clean plates and counters, use hot water and a dish cloth. Some scraping may be needed at first, but the temperature of the water should melt the sugar down to make for easy clean up.
- Never apply the sugaring mix too thickly on your skin as it will only pull on the hair and not remove it.
- Test if the strip is ready to come off by pulling a small part of it up first. Always apply the mixture going down the hairs from the hair follicles to the tips and only pull in the opposite direction that the sugaring mix was applied.